2.11.2005

Quick Dispatch

status check - Thankful for Friday
background ambiance - 91X (Loving Internet Webcasts)

A quick burst of random thoughts on a Friday:

- Pete resumed his Musical Movie Reviews a few weeks ago (I believe), but I haven't been able to catch one, that is, until today. Those of us in EST can listen by tuning in to 91X around 11 a.m. I love the station anyway, but being able to hear the familiar sound of "Welcome to 91X's Movie Fone" was a huge bonus today. Reviewed "Hitch," cracked me up. The problem with this, however, was that I couldn't laugh out loud. Trying to suppress laughter in a serious environment always makes me laugh all the more. For a newsy look at the reviews, check out the City Beat. For past reviews, check out Pete's archive. For generally good music that makes you smile, learn more about Pete. He's fabulous - and he thinks I'm hot. I've got the button to prove it.

- Does the fact that I wasn't born until 1980 mean I can't know anything about good, classic rock? I wound up jumping into a conversation about Jim Morrison today, after people were trying to remember how he died. Everyone was surprised to realize they didn't know - but they appeared flat out shocked that I knew it was from a heart attack/drug overdose (depending on who you ask) in Paris.

What, am I only supposed to know about Debbie Gibson and New Kids on the Block? Or is it just the Dave Matthews Band? Come on - we're talking The Doors here!

- Razorlight. "Golden Touch." I'm really enjoying the song. Oddly enough, kind of reminds me of The Doors.

- Jeff Buckley. I made reference the other day to a mix CD I'd made that included his cover of "Three Is A Magic Number" (Yes. Schoolhouse Rock.). I've been thinking about the song ever since - but I don't have it anymore. The mp3 I had was from the Mercury Lounge, NYC, 1995. Anyone know where I can find it?

No comments: