2.10.2005

The Basics

status check - shocked
background ambiance - TV

Since I've been living in a vacuum the last couple of days, I was completely oblvious to the blog-dom outcry about Jeff Gannon, the White House Press Corps reporter (if one chooses to call him that) turned hack. Short story? Gannon's not his real name, he was an online reporter for a GOP-owned news site and he quit shortly after being outed by a vicious group of bloggers.

For more information, check out the Post column here.

My opinion on the matter is pretty simple. Perhaps overly simplified because of the day job, but nevertheless...

HE LIED.

Journalism is based on integrity. You provide an accurrate story so as to inform your readership. If you can't even provide your real name, you've got no business going near anything at all related to journalism.

Because people like Gannon? They're the ones the public remembers when they think about journalists. Not the thousands busting their asses to do a good, honest job.

He opened himself for whatever he hell comes his way.

In other news. The return of the snow. We all know I'm not a fan of the white stuff, but even I fall prey to the allure of it as it dances down from the sky. So, as I walked to my car this evening, I let myself enjoy the sensation of tramping my feet through the snow, feeling sharp little cold bursts fall on my face. I even laughed as some of the snow made its way into my boots. It was fun to feel like a little kid for a few moments.

Then I got to my car, realized I needed to brush the snow off the beast (for the second time), climbed inside, felt my now damp sock and realized driving the car up the hill was going to be a real challenge.

My grown-up hatred for winter came back with a vengeance.

No comments: