2.15.2005

Late Night

status check - Hyper
background ambiance - Silence

Thinking about it after the fact...odd how you get dispatched to something and you realize that you're going in when any sane person would be getting out.

Driving down the highway, I looked out onto the fields and hills to the side, looking for the burst of orange and white that would tell me I was getting close...

And then reaching my destination, quieting my nerves and walking up the road...a vehicle was approaching, so I hurried off the road and onto what looked like a thin layer of snow...

...and realized I'd jumped into a thick, deep pile of snowy slush. The realization came the moment my feet kept going through the snow and squished into the wet mass below. Up past the ankles, up over and into the boots.

Ever graceful and poised, what do I do? Simple. I try jumping out of the slush - into more slush. Repeat previous steps three times until I make it back to the road.

Fun? Oh, you betcha...

In other news. I randomly (very randomly, actually) started humming Laundry's "Rock and Roll Stars" song this evening. And realize I couldn't remember anything but the chorus. Anyone who's heard that song remember the lyrics? I keep thinking of "Keith Moon is getting high with Bob Marley...(forget who) is riding up on his Harley." And "Sid Vicious is (forget what), breakin' all my stuff, Jim Morrison's in the corner, just tryin' to get drunk."

No comments: