7.28.2001

today marked the first day of...

the great victoria car search


found some nice prospects. the search will continue tomorrow and then i know a couple of the cars i found today might advance to the semifinals (a.k.a. a checkup with the lafond's people). my parents amaze me sometimes...my whole thing is finding something that won't fall apart, runs, doesn't guzzle gas, and can be seen as a relatively cute vehicle. nothing more. hell, it's my first car and my parents, who should be focusing on themselves, are helping with it. what more should i expect? yet here they are, trying to make sure i have a nice car and looking at cars more expensive than the ones i'm looking at (not much, thankfully, but still). we bitch at each other a lot, i know, but the way they look out for me is so sweet---even if i'm not sure i deserve it a lot of the time. makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside (kinda like when i climbed the ropes in gym class...joey, that one was for you)

work today was long. a shorter shift tomorrow. still a morning shift, but at least better. and then meeting up with bethy! the smcsss is much needed. how long til i go back??? :-)

No comments: