7.26.2001

i arrived at my shift this afternoon actually rather happy to be there--the last couple of days have, well, sucked, so at least i'd be doing something and making some money (little money that it might happen to be, but whatever). i was supposed to do deposit from 4-5:30. within five minutes, i had managed to jam the door to the safe, requiring three people significantly stronger than myself to try to force the damn thing back open. finally opened with the help of a makeshift crowbar.

about a half hour later, i'm doing everything i can to keep it together. nothing was balancing out. all the drawers were off. mike was standing over me making sure i did everything right, which naturally meant i kept screwing everything up. he would fix everything for me when, in all actuality, i just wanted to fix it myself.

another ten minutes, and i'm in tears on the phone with my mother, bitching about mike, bitching about my job, bitching about my summer, and bitching about the fact that i'm bitching. it was a complete disaster. add to that people walking by asking me, as i'm trying to control the waves of tears that are pouring out of my eyes, why my face and/or eyes are red. just leave me the fuck alone, people.

yeah. it wasn't pretty. aurgh. i should be getting paid a whole lot more for this amount of stress.

to top it all off, i was starting to develop a blister on the middle finger of my left hand. so i couldn't really practice today, which has been my stress reliever as of late. AND i was feeling sick. i was one happy camper all day.

luckily the night improved. we had the camp order, which last time i worked was an utter disaster, but it went beautifully tonight. but chris, the head of the camp, has become such a jerk over the years. i doubt he remembers me, but hell, i WENT to the camp, i played against his teams for four years...don't be a dick to me, for cryin out loud.

by the end of the night, i was dancing about, singing at the top of my lungs (yes, i'm serious), then stopped to get gas (and ran into vinny--five years feels like five CENTURIES ago), and then drove home. "under the bridge" came on as i was listening to the buzz, so i started thinking about jhp back in seventh grade, as we had all adopted the song as our theme. which naturally made me think about other memory songs--"the sweater song" freshman year, "strawberry wine", and then all the songs of college. but "under the bridge"--that was, what, '92 i think? nine years ago??? good god, i feel ancient.

please let tomorrow night be better. jason's having me run the shift. this could go either very well or very, very badly.

No comments: