7.08.2001

tired me. i pretty much ran the shift tonight at work--andrea decided i might as well get some managerial practice, so i was in charge until 10. initially, i have no idea of why, but i was really nervous. hell, it's all the stuff i always do anyway, right? but just being the person everyone was coming to with problems, instead of being the person who covered for the person everyone went to, was really strange.

once i got over that and figured out how to work with some of the crew who aren't overly thrilled with me half the time, it was a piece of cake. i realized i'd won a small victory somewhere along the line when one girl who normally is very assertive and tries to tell me what to do (a 15-year-old trying to boss me around??? honey, i was doing this when you were 10. i don't think so) wound up getting all of her work done and doing what i wanted her to do without her fully realizing that she was doing it. if that makes sense. i was happy.

i drove home tonight with the windows wide open, singing renditions of the "working" songs. don't ask me why or how these songs got in my head, but they did. tonight, i almost regretted not auditioning for it--it's still killing me that certain people (not to name names, but can i just say WALL) have been in a mainstage and i haven't (as a cast member, that is, yes, i was god for a couple months). it's going to make my life a living hell, but i must audition for "arcadia" this semester. kirk production, i know, but still...

planning on spending time with my family tomorrow evening, which makes me happy, as i think not seeing them has been contributing to my feelings of melancholy lately. it's scary to think tom's leaving for warped on tuesday...i told him to get the rebs to stop in fairmont, indiana (it's just about along the way) to take james dean-related photos for me. we shall see...speaking of warped, maybe i should try to get to a show this summer--haven't been able to since '99, and rancid is going to be back, as well as the vandals AND dropkick murphys, which makes me happy, plus blink 182 again and i'd be interested in seeing the henry rollins band, and seeing marky ramone play with the misfits (in a dream world, wearing drew's river city rebels tshirt) would be cool...it's playing suffolk downs on august 9 and montreal on the 10th...hmm...

in other news, i have a new project to work on--hoping to find a way to score an interview for defender this fall. more to come...

i must be at work in 8.5 hours. i sleep now. joey--you'll get my analysis tomorrow afternoon. :)

No comments: