7.24.2001

i must go into town and get myself some guitar picks today. the fingers on my left hand are starting to form callouses, thankfully. i played all day yesterday, or at least as much as i could, but because the fingers are still sensitive, the strings were making them extremely sore. and i had to limit myself so the fingers didn't blister, because then i'd be out of commission for so much longer...

any time i tough anything with that hand, i feel an odd sort of near-numbness. it's hard to put into words because it doesn't feel like anything else i've felt, but it makes me happy because i know the callouses are coming. exxxxcellent.

bethy told me i needed to play a song for her when we get back and write one for her second semester. i told her i'd definitely play a song (as long as she doesn't mind her ears bleeding) and i'd start writing lyrics. what rhymes with pumpy? ;-)

No comments: