7.26.2001

in rutland's attempt at a huge sting (if you're not familiar with the city, it's been getting laughed at for this--or at least the newspaper has been for its coverage), there have been four new arrests--all of which come from my darling hometown. all four were arrested for selling crack cocaine, two of them went to my school, but were younger, and two of them come from my graduating class. one of the names didn't surprise me too much, although i had imagined him just going off to his college and becoming a frat boy or something. the other name, though, shocked me. first because i never thought the two of them would hang out, forget living with each other, second because he was always one of those "nice" kids, yadda yadda. not in any attempt at sounding preachy or anything (cause i would be a hypocrite if i even tried), but i just never thought he'd get in any trouble. i saw him working hard, finding a wife, and having his little family. i thought my parents were joking when they first told me. i kept staring at the paper in shock.

it's so odd seeing where my classmates are winding up...i mean, i graduated from a class of 33, so it's pretty easy to find out where everyone is. and some of the answers i'm getting are really shocking...

No comments: