10.31.2003

happy halloween!

happy day to my favorite ghouls and goblins, vampires and zombies.

today is my favorite holiday - to be able to dress up and play the part of anyone you wish is such a fun, freeing sensation. always a fun time ...

ok, you got me. the costumes are fine enough. it's all about the candy. ;-)

heehee. this year i'm playing it pretty safe, as i'll probably wind up interviewing people while i'm out and about - i thought it would be tricky to carry on conversation while worrying that the fangs i bought for my "victoria the vampire" ensemble would dig into my lower lip or something (note: i realize this after buying the fangs ... beth's comment last night, after i told her i'd be going as a flower child instead : "well, you could be a vampire hippie!"), so instead i'm paying homage to the sixties ... flowers in the hair and all. should be a good time in fair burlington ...

speaking of which ... i got the call and it's official. for the next couple of months, i'm going to be working at the newspaper full-time in the news section, one day of each week devoted to my column.

hurrah! who made the right decision in coming back to vermont?

it's me ...

anyhoo. time to go hippie-ify myself. happy halloween ... have fun tricking and treating!

oh, and look for the northern lights tonight ... i heard they're supposed to be visible again ...

No comments: