10.25.2003

... and i get paid for this?

the eclipse theater was astounding. i don't think i've been in such a unique theater in ages.

as i interviewed one of the owners in the lobby during the concert tonight, a friend of his stopped in and commented on how he wishes wishes wishes peter would hold an event where people could come in, spread out on the floor and look up at the lobby ceiling while "dark side of the moon" plays over the soundsystem.

i wish wish wish he would too - it would be killer.

confused yet? read my review on sunday ... teehee.

i had the first experience where someone recognized me by name because of my column - that was pretty cool. we were chatting about the show and, when we went through introductions, he said, "hey! yes you are! i've read your column," and proceeded to ask me some questions about the gezellig space because he was intrigued after reading my column about it.

revelrevel.

ok, i'm abandoning rodney here in favor of internet- and distraction-free seymour (i've got a habit of naming things - rodney here was dubbed such about a month and a half ago after i realized that i need to get rid of some files on the near-capacity drive. it freezes on me, i curse at it, it gets no respect. hence, rodney. seymour was just dubbed that because i fancied the name and was feeling silly at the time) so i can write my column while listening to some mraz and then head to bed. i was good this time and wrote a great deal of what i believe will ultimately be my final draft while i was there and feeling inspired by the place.

i know - me, not procrastinating?

i'm just as scared as you are.

No comments: