10.05.2003

forget kevin bacon ... i've got my own degree game goin on

during a moment of silliness today, a few of us were discussing people we've met, playing our own "six degrees" games. i found some amusing things for myself:

technically, i'm two degrees from sirhan sirhan, as i met and shook the hand of george plimpton. this also makes me two degrees from robert kennedy, jfk, ali, etc. whole bunch of people.

i'm also two degrees from one of my favorite actresses during high school, that being kate winslet. i met and spoke with sydney pollack, who produced "sense & sensibility." this also makes me three degrees from leonardo dicaprio, one of my obsessions in high school. ;-)

two degrees stand between myself and everyone's favorite candidate for california governor (haha) - as i met eunice schriver.

there are others, but i can't think of them right now. twas a fun game to play.

oh yeah, and if i stretch it, i'm one degree from kevin bacon - as i took a voicemail from him one morning after he had called the office. it's definitely a stretch, but it amuses me nonetheless so i go with it, dammit.

No comments: