10.17.2003

"... sneaking up on the skylines at daybreak ..."

the survey says ... i'm a dramatic idealist.

this is what i find out when i'm suffering from writer's block.

i also find myself ridiculously frustrated by the ease with which some others can provide such vivid, glowing, jump-off-the-page-i'm-that-good writing in such a seemingly breezy, hey-this-is-my-journal-of-sorts style. mraz added two gorgeous entries to his road journal that make me almost green with linguistic envy.

Okay, now I’m bummed at George all of a sudden and I’ve switched over to the Kronos Quartet. They provide the proper soundtrack to my fury in fours. Sometimes evil they are… other times passionate and melodramatic, it’s perfect for either falling in love, or scooting out of it. You’ll feel all cartoon-like or like a silent film character when you feel your true love would rather run away and be with the villain, little do you know that love was just kidnapped or borrowed, set up somehow for you to save them.

and, my favorite part ...

The moon is following me. Not a bad stalker I suppose. At least she keeps her distance. At least her presence is pleasant. She glows. She comes and goes through the clouds, the sprinting trees, the morning mist. I’ll miss her in a few minutes when the Saturday sun rises.

grrrrrrrrrr. to be able to phrase things so beautifully on an everyday basis.

ok, back to my own word-smithing ... i'll just take the frustration and appreciative envy and tranform it into fuel and motivation ...

No comments: