7.05.2005

Thunder dunder

I have to laugh as I cross Main Street, passing by woeful pedestrians desperately attempting to hold umbrellas up against the sudden downpour of rain, thunder and lightning.

They somehow seem convinced that the umbrella will help them hold off the tide of water - that is hitting them sideways. I have neither the time nor inclination to point out the physics.

A baseball hat and hooded, quasi-waterproofed jacket (one of the few benefits remaining from my foray into collegiate athletics). Works wonders.

Umbrella-toting bretheren, take notes.

See V.
See V relatively dry.
See V much happier than you.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Karma's a bitch. My building got hit by lightning, so I had to go stand out in the rain shortly after writing that.

DAMN YOU, FATES!!!