8.24.2003

... a band of gypsies on the highway ...

well you’re never gonna guess
where i’ve been been been
and i have no regrets
that i bet my whole checking account
because it all amounts to nothing up in the end

well you can only count on the road again
will soon be on the radio dial
and i been payin close attention to the willie nelson style
like a band of gypsies on the highway while
i’m one man pushin’ on the california skyline drive
up the coast mc brag the most
i ’m pickin up my pace and makin time like space ghost
raising a toast to the highway patrol with the most
put my cruise control on coast ...

- mraz, curbside prophet

and i will be on the road again bright and early tomorrow. i'm due in at work at the lovely hour of 6 a.m. (chloe gets to be on vacation this week, so i guess i'm assuming her schedule for this week - well, tomorrow anyway! haha - you can keep it the rest of the time!), and i'm out at 11 a.m.

then it's time to hop in the cars and head on down to the fair district of columbia, where we will spend tuesday packing, packing and oh yes, packing. and i believe i'm going to stop into the office to pick up the last of my things and say goodbye to some of the people ... fun times.

it'll be rather odd, though - saying goodbyes to dc people (or, as i prefer to think of it, saying "goodbye for now - until either i visit dc or y'all visit me in burlington!") and some of the things i've become rather accustomed to. definitely bittersweet.

but hey - life takes you on twists and turns and i'm heading around a new bend ... but i'm happy to realize that i have more people on board to share the journey than i did at this point a year ago. so while i'm sure i'll be sappy when i see y'all (i'm in a south-of-the-mason-dixon-line mood, apparently), i just wanted to take a moment to say thank you - particularly to chloe and paul for being great friends and people that i count on to know in the times to come. i will certainly miss you.

and visit me, dammit! and be ready for me to descend back upon the city as well! :-)

in other news - i love love love it when i get voicemails from concerts. chloe made my year the other day by recording a bit of the radiohead show for me and beth scored major points today for leaving me some ben folds love. awwwww yeah ...

ok, now i have to polish my story, email it in and then enjoy sex and the city while figuring out how to set up the vcr properly so i can record "the restaurant" for me mum. then sleep for vickie before the looooooong day tomorrow. i already told people that a coffee iv should be ready for my arrival. i'm going to be alternating between absolute fatigue (because of the early hour and also because of the fact that my insomnia - ok, stupid caffeine consumption, i admit it - kept me awake until about 6 a.m. i wound up waking up around 8, then dozed until 9, when i was called into work. i was so tired i was wired and ran around like a live wire. people were laughing at me. hell, i was laughing at me.) and coffee coffee coffee buzz buzz buzz ...

the road awaits ...

No comments: