10.03.2002

to every ying (yesterday), there is a yang (today).

it's not as if the day has been that bad--far from it. just have been feeling slightly disconnected, to put it mildly. what just occurred is an example of my blondeness today:

i'm walking down the hallway towards the office. i see kevin and clara at the door, and a group of people walking towards me.

suddenly, i hear a male voice. "vickie." i look to see if kevin was looking at me--he isn't. i'm confused, so i keep walking a bit.

then, "VICKIE." i turn to see luke walking behind me, laughing at the bewildered look on my face.

"oh, sorry luke!!" i say, laughing. "it's been one of those days." we laugh, i turn to walk with him, and i see who previously mentioned group consists of. among a few aides, senator clinton.

we pass, luke gives it a few seconds, then i laugh to myself for looking like an idiot.

"oh, do you like senator clinton?" he asks.

"i have a great deal of admiration for her," i reply.

"great, we'll have to have you meet her sometime," he says.

yeah, i just looked like an idiot. WHY TODAY!?!??!

No comments: