10.25.2002

much as the sniper issue is complex and sure to become stranger as we discover more about the situation, i'm not going to lie about it--hearing that the gun has been tied to most of the shootings brought me a feeling of relief.

yesterday was amusing, to say the least. i met sydney pollack (shook his hand, introduced myself, and managed to contain my utter giddiness) and spoke to someone to speaks to bono all the time (so i'll tell myself it was almost like speaking to bono himself). went to front page for a couple of drinks with chloe, nicole and nick, which was fun, but i wasn't totally into it and was being chatted up by a nice (but uninteresting) guy (who, however, paid me my second, "you look just like donna from 'the west wing'" compliment--i'm sorry, i'm flattered, but long blonde hair does not make me a donna clone, much as i'd like to be one), so i headed out after an hour and a half or so.

since thursday night means chipotle, i stopped by for my weekly dose of chicken fajita burrito goodness. imagine my glee when the guy working the register (who i say hi to each week) told me my meal was on the house...i can't wait to tell chloe that i'm officially a regular--she'll crack up.

and i'm fish-sitting for the next week and a half or so--since ed's going to vermont to campaign, i said i would look after snappy for him. so now i have a fish to greet me when i come home at night...it's the closest thing to having a pet i've experienced in years--probably since sixth grade.

it's not like you can really screw up taking care of a fish for a little while...right?

No comments: