10.28.2002

I saw fireworks from the freeway and behind closed eyes I cannot make them go away
Cause you were born on the fourth of july, freedom ring
now something on the surface it stings
that something on the surface it kind of makes me nervous who says that you deserve this
and what kind of god would serve this? We will cure this dirty old disease
if you've got the poison I've got the remedy


the remedy is the experience. It is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that its serious. Which is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how youre gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends because it all amounts to nothing in the end.


I wont worry my life away.
I wont worry my life away.


I heard two men talking on the radio in a cross fire kind of new reality show
Uncovering the ways to plan the next big attack
they were counting down the days to stab the brother in the be right back after this
the unavoidable kiss, where the minty fresh death breath is sure to outlast his catastrophy
dance with me, because if you've got the poison, I've got the remedy


the remedy is the experience. It is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that its serious. Which is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how youre gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends because it all amounts to nothing in the end.


I wont worry my life away.
I wont worry my life away.


When I fall in love I take my time
There's no need to hurry when I'm making up my mind
You can turn off the sun but I'm still gonna shine and I'll tell you why


Because

the remedy is the experience. It is a dangerous liaison
I say the comedy is that its serious. Which is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how you're gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends because it all amounts to nothing in the end.


I wont worry my life away.
I wont worry my life away.
I wont and I wont and I wont, etc.


i don't know precisely what it is, but i am in a fantastic mood this morning. just have had a smile on my face since i woke up. i'm going to go with it and be happy...hell, it's significantly better than the alternative, right?

i had the jason mraz sampler waiting for me when i got home...big, huge thank you goes out to tikki for sending it my way. it's fantastic--i think listening to it on the metro on my way in this morning helped contribute to my great start...it has "the remedy" (see above), "you & i both" and a live track of "i'm ok" that rocks the casbah. good times...

after a lowkey friday (i felt like i had been hit by a truck by the time i got home friday, so i just crashed), i participated in halloween debauchery on saturday. after pre-party preparation at erica & carrie's, the six of us piled into a cab and headed to the zebra lounge for the cua party held there. $15 at the door and an open bar--we took advantage of this situation. it was fun to talk and meet some new people, and i found this odd self-confidence that i didn't know i had--let's just say i hope it sticks around for awhile. little red riding hood (whore) was appreciated, and i enjoyed being able to play around in a fun costume and wear kickass boots without feeling foolish.

after a stop at a random house party in dupont, the party continued at the hard rock, where a fun time dancing and whatnot was had. it was a very enjoyable evening and with sunday spent catching up on sleep and relaxation, an enjoyable weekend overall.

my parents are visitng this weekend to celebrate my birthday on sunday, so i'm looking forward to that...good times good times...

and let's give a hand to the russians for the "oh shit" moment of the week...you think they'll think twice before using that stuff next time?

No comments: