10.28.2002

the more i read about mraz, the more intriguing i find him. i think i will have to buy "waiting for my rocket to come" very soon--it's currently at No. 2 on my list of music i intend to buy (No. 1 being, obviously, tori's "scarlet's walk" TOMORROW!!!!). mraz seems to have the musical talent of a howie or john, but with a kickass attitude and still has a bit of the underground feel we all know i love (what can i say? i admit that i do get a slightly elitist kick out of knowing about a talented musician before the general public).

needless to say, the fact that he's playing the higher ground show with howie on the 18th makes me want to scream with envy...st. michael's people should go to the show and call me from the venue--with mraz on the other line telling me that he wishes i was there...well, perhaps that would be a bit much, but it would make an amazing belated birthday present (hint hint, wink wink--and if you REALLY love me, you'd have mraz AND howie telling me they wish i was there). while he'll be here in d.c. right before then (i think he's actually here the day before), he's opening for jewel, and i don't feel like spending the money for a big show when he'll be playing an opening set. and besides, there's a "been there done that" feel to seeing jewel live (saw her at woodstock and, while she was fine, the set didn't exactly pull me in either).

No comments: