5.21.2004

"you make me smile."

status check - happy
background ambiance - a concert repeating in my head

i'm likely to replace this post with something more descriptive when i think of it, but for now - i'm back.

at a random moment during last night's show at the orpheum, jason said into the mic, "you make me smile."

he made me smile. as did raul, makana, rkop'ers, christopher (!!!), michelle, my fellow drivers on the open road and anyone who appreciated the little things about last night's performance more than the fact that he played "the remedy" and "you & i both" (hint: the little bounces and head bobs, the honesty in his banter, "super secret" manuscript switch, and the inclusion of "god moves through you" and - happiness - "halfway home," - these qualify as great moments).

what a lovely trip.

p.s. get thee to nectar's tonight. ryan montbleau. if my should-be-exhausted self is going to be there, you should too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vickie!!!
Thanks for the call from the Mraz show...and during the best song too! I will definitely be returning the favor when I see him at Constitution Hall on Thursday. Wahoooo!
Did you know I had gum surgery and I have a stye in my eye? Currently on 4 prescriptions? Yes i'm falling apart. Ouch.
I miss you and I love you.
Paul

Anonymous said...

Paul that sounds awful!!! Feel better.

Lovely flatmate, I hope your journey back from baseball land was a sucess. Enjoy work today.

Beth

Victoria said...

aw, paul!

i had no idea that your surgery already occurred - i hope it helped, at least (did it?). and with the eye and the prescriptions and everything, i wish i could be there to give you a hug and help you out (well, beyond the obvious fact that i would love to be able to see you anyway. but you know what i mean, i hope)!

good, i was hoping you received the voicemail goodness - the second i heard him playing it, i knew i had to call, as i knew you'd appreciate it! i hope you have a great time at the show - screaming fans aside, it's a great tour - i'm thinking you'll really like it the intimite nature of it. i was incredibly impressed. and i think you'll love raul midon. close your eyes during "state of mind."

one of these days, we're going to be able to go to a mraz show together. we must work on this. :) i love and miss you lots and hope to talk to you soon. take care of yourself, ok? *huge hug*

and flatmate elizabeth! hello dahling! can't wait to see you this evening! i'll try to email you this afternoon. did you get through all the voicemails yet? bwahahaha.