5.09.2004

no living in a box this year

status check - elated
background ambiance - "survivor" interview on tv

for those anxiously awaiting the latest word on the great apartment search ...

while enjoying tomorrow night's show, we will be celebrating. we have the apartment.

despite my attempt at sounding calm here, trust me - we were squealing and jumping when we heard. this place is fantastic and i'm so excited to move.

well, ok, excited to be in a new place. not so much the moving part, per se, but the being in a great new place with two delightful flatmates.

hurrah! thanks for the positive thinking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! Congrats! Where is said wonder home? Also, If you need help moving, you got it.

~johnoghue

Victoria said...

thank you! the fabulous flat (hehe - couldn't resist the temptation for alliteration) is two streets down the hill from the current casa - i.e. a little closer to downtown. i'll give you all the specific details later - are you going to the nectar's show tonight?

as far as the moving goes, i very well might take you up on your offer - it's going to be a crazy moving day - why can't the first of the month always come on a saturday?

Anonymous said...

As Much as it tears at my musical heart, I can't make it to the show. I would curse, but I can't. I have three days left with two of my good good friends from SMC, and am jamming as much quality time in as I can before they scatter to the four winds... well maybe just the two winds... Either way though, the winds take them away and I must, with great regret, bow out. :(:(:(:(:(:( I know the show will rock though, and I am Mucho jealous :)

But as to moving, you got it, name the time, name the place. My scheduale actualy changes soon (the 17th) so I work 12-8 (yeah!) m-f (again, yeah!), but for a friend in need, I can, and am most willing to, take a day off if need be. I got a bunch that refresh in Sept :) Lemmie know, and the Johnoghue Moving Team (of 1) is yours.

~johnoghue

Victoria said...

johnoghue - i completely understand your reasons for missing the show, so know that we'll be thinking of you while rocking out. have a good time!

joey - you can try giving a call, but if i'm mid-show, i'll probably not hear my phone ringing (to "rock the casbah," no less. but i'll certainly talk to you soon.