5.05.2004

i'm only sleeping
status check - decent
background ambiance - rilo kiley "the good that won't come out"

i have completely lost the ability to wake up at a decent hour. i had this skill for a couple of weeks, but now it has slipped away entirely. i'm sure my sleep-in ways are not particularly endearing to my flatmate, as we have a pattern of walking down to church street together early in the morning. i've been dead to the world the last two days. tomorrow, i swear.

i had a rather surreal start to the workday yesterday, as i walked into the office to see two large styrofoam boxes propped on top of one of the short bookcases. inside, packed in dry ice, were several containers of brigham's ice cream. "reverse the curse" ice cream, no less. my association of brigham's and boston's north shore (my grandmother always has a gallon of some flavor in the freezer when we visit) was bolstered by the copy of the globe i was carrying under my arm.

much in the way i was excited when mayer's first album review was in rolling stone, i was pleased to see that averi's friday night paradise show was reviewed for yesterday's issue of the globe. so i picked up a copy (because i'm cool like that) on my way in and showed several of my coworkers. then we poured water on the dry ice and made it smoke up. because we are pictures of maturity.

funny that the first thing i thought of was mayer ... i don't recall feeling the same way about howie or mraz. coincidence or sign? you tell me.

No comments: