5.16.2004

neglect

status check - groovy
background ambiance - television (CABLE!!)

while the rest of the world (much of it, at least) prepares for tomorrow's workday with typical sunday evening dread, i'm kicking back, SoVt style.

i'm at the parentals' home, as the golf tournament my father organizes each year kicks off tomorrow. figured i'd lend a little support and help calm his jitters, as i'm not due at my employment locale until the afternoon. heading "home" for the weekend provides the additional bonus of laughing with two of my favorite people (and having someone taking care of me - how can you go wrong?). works for me.

today has been a day of necessary tasks. cleaning out the abyss-like trunk of my car. organizing. planning. writing - all the neglected necessities i've overlooked recently. it's felt good, accomplishing each item on my imaginary checklist before moving on to the next item. i've even thrown in a couple of randomly fun items (make new mix cd - check. get back into pilates - check.)

i was rewarded with more than simply the feeling of completed satisfaction. the treasures i unearthed from my car were amazing. my long-lost copy of rilo kiley's "takeoffs and landings"? my sign language sweatshirt? "jasonmraz live"? jump and vaco albums? all hiding there, waiting for me. happy reunions were had.

while i prefer "the execution of all things," hearing the first, ever-so-familiar notes of "go ahead" made me grin and wonder why i hadn't stumbled across rilo kiley sooner. anyone know when "more adventurous" is scheduled to come out?

xoxoxo - v

p.s. petition for elliott.

p.p.s. caught a viewing of "troy." peter o'toole can do more with his eyes alone than most younger actors can dream of doing overall. his performance saved the film for me. talk about honor ... otherwise? bana was great. pitt preened about - occasionally acted. i love sean bean. orlando did a decent job, although the chemistry between paris and helen was nonexistant. the omission of the gods - very poor decision. overall - not bad, not great.

No comments: