9.01.2003

... video ...

video of the mraz persuasion ...

since i finally have a speedy internet connection, i've finally started viewing some mraz video. i started viewing the documentary this evening and am breaking it up into nightly installments - mainly because i started viewing at 12:30 a.m. and i have to be up at 6:30 or so so i can get everything done before heading up to burlington to meet with one editor/work on my preview story/view and write story about the criterium (an assignment i was given just this evening). hopefully the day will prove exceptionally productive, as i hope to have an idea of what the deal is with the arts writing, as well as write the criterium story and get a good chunk of the work done for the preview.

other than that, i'm doing pretty well. tired. mainly because my two "days off" of the past week were my moving days - good days, but tiring ones. every other day was a long day of work and attempts to get everything settled/organized. so far, organization is a dream i dare not dream. tomorrow was going to be my organization day. whoops. i'll play lois-lane-gone-sporty instead and play the organization thang by ear. it'll all pay off in the end ...

in other quick news: i've been buying some "necessary" items as of late. i use quoations because i don't think they'd be seen as particularly necessary to anyone other than myself, but nevertheless. the list of purchases includes a mountain bike (which i intend to break in tomorrow morning for a wake-me-up-before-i-go-go ride, hence the uber-early wakeup call), LotR: the two towers on dvd (i was going to wait until the special edition, but hey, i'll wind up getting that too, i reckon - i was craving some orlando action and, in that regard (not to mention that the movie is bloody brilliant), it's already paid for itself handsomely) and some merch from mraz's site. ok, i admit that the latter items are completely unnecessary, but i decided that i've been working damn hard and if i can't see him until october (more on that shortly), i'm going to treat myself to some form of mraz goodness, dammit! so i picked up a poster (to add to my collection of concert/music posters), a sticker (just because it was cute) and a pin (because i needed to have an official mraz "i heart sex" pin). so there.

i fought the urge to buy a hammock on ebay - at least now i know where i can find one. i've been saying that i want my next apartment to feature a hammock in the corner of one of the rooms, preferrably the living room. not one of the big outdoor hammocks, mind you - i'm talking a smaller one you can wrap around yourself and curl up in. a little bohemian nook in the place, perhaps with a small table and a candle nearby while books rest underneath, waiting to be read and enjoyed. perhaps a journal to write in. i don't know. the moral of the story is that i found out where to get one. hurrah!

and then there's october. since it appears that the roxy adventure is going to be a bust, i am setting my sights on early october. mraz will be playing at a couple of colleges in northern new york - not too far away, all things considered - and the streak will be broken. i don't care if i'm sick, if i'm supposed to be elsewhere, if the show's sold out or what. my streak of near-mraz-misses will come to an end in early october, dammit. and at a college show, which'll be a nice way to get a first taste of his live show (in person, that is).

my brother packed up his car today and headed down to somerville to move into his new apartment and begin his life as a resident of the greater boston metropolitan area. my parents are taking the truck down tomorrow to drop off the rest of his belongings - including MY LOVESEAT. i bought this loveseat with my first college roommate the first full day of college orientation freshman year - it's small, brown "leather" and absolutely fabulous. since the end of freshman year, when i bought out ali's half of the investment (a whopping $20 apiece), it's been in the living room of my house, waiting for me whenever i return home. since my parents seemed to love it so much, i figured they could use it for as long as they wanted. so, when discussing furniture with my mother, i told her that she could have it for as long as she wanted it, but i might reclaim it someday, who knows?

flash forward to today, when my father and brother pick up the loveseat and move to the backdoor. i scream, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!" (becca can attest to this, as i was on the phone with her at the time) and they inform me that i had given my approval to the transfer of ownership to my brother. excuse me?!?

the long and short of it is that i don't want to deny my loveseat the opportunity to enjoy more college antics. and i want my brother to have a great place. and i want a comfy couch to crash on whenever i visit. so he's using the loveseat - under the strict understanding that i will reclaim it one day and it had better be in great condition when i do. otherwise, he will understand what it was like to live as a castrati.

it's been a sad few days, though, in that respect. first i lose the opportunity to bring back my chair from my apartment. then surfer bob. then my loveseat. then he swipes one of my old lamps from school.

*tear* thinking about it that way, i'll rationalize the mrazerdise as a way of consoling myself. theraputic purchases, if you will. and hell, what's $14? it's definitely worth it.

No comments: