9.03.2003

... it begins.

...it begins.

this weekend, i will be doing a trial run of sorts for the living section. notebook coverage of the nightlife scene.

i'm incredibly excited - it almost makes me not think about how i'm missing mraz tonight.

almost. ;-)

in other, somewhat related news ... i'm exhausted. it's been a crazy couple of weeks comprised of yours truly running from here to there to everywhere in between - save a few precious opportunities for some down-time relaxation at home or at my fair haven home away from home, i've been constantly on the go and constantly working. fortunately, however, i've been able to keep my eyes on what lies ahead - i'm considering it paying my dues so i can get to a place where i can focus on the writing, focus on the fact that i'm doing just what i want to do! while it's been tiring (to say the least), there have also been many, many highlights - which shows me that i did in fact make the right decision in returning and kicking off act two of my professional life. not to mention the reclaiming of my personal life ... hurrah, she feels like herself again, revelreveling through the days and nights.

i swear, if i could take aspects of my dc life and combine them with aspects of my current life and the highly anticipated aspects of my future burlington life, i'd have one damn fine life indeed.

too bad life doesn't work that way, eh? one just has to make the best of it and make the connections between the lives as strong as possible. which i'm looking forward to doing.

in a completely different tangent, however, i must say that the show "cupid" shocks/amuses me to no end. the american viewing public is showing decidedly british characteristics by keeping robert on week after week ... i remember someone saying that a show like that would never work in england because the public would wickedly select the worst possible bachelor, just to see what would happen. well, considering the way things are shaping up, i have to wonder if america will select the best man for the "job" - hank - or the worst - robert! i still shed a tear that my personal favorite, paul (known in my viewing group as "pink suit man"), was voted off ... he was deck.

ok, back to writing my other pending story ... or, rather, back to playing phone tag with coaches for my pending story. whoo hoo ... if i get enough done, perhaps i'll be able to relax tonight?

ha. we'll see about that one. ;) i always wind up finding more to do ... like working on sending out my resume for "day jobs," perhaps?

leave some commenting love, my friends. this happy-yet-weary lois lane wannabe could use it!

No comments: