9.11.2003

take two

ok, that last one sucked, so i'm finding an old school one. i'm tired, yet i can't let cleaning be the last though-provoking subject of my day. i'm not THAT tired.

1. laying on your back and facing the ceiling, which side of the bed do you sleep on?
i don't know when this developed, but i have a process (i hate being someone who can't fall asleep right away - i have to put all of my thoughts to rest before my body follows suit). i start out facing the wall, lying on my side. just as i start to feel my body drift off to sleep, i roll over onto the opposite side. i think it probably is indicative of a fear of a stranger entering my room during the night - i can't put my mind at ease while facing the doorway but can't completely fall asleep until i know i could wake up and see the intruder instantly.

2. do you have to have covers (blankets and/or sheets) at all costs, no matter the weather?
kind of. i love the feeling of curling up under blankets, so i will keep my room somewhat chillier during the night so i can curl up and feel cozy. i love having my face feel cooler while the rest of me is nice and warm. this pattern changed last winter, when i would crank the heat (sorry, chloe) because i was constantly cold. but as i'm not suffering from that sensation anymore, i have a feeling i will revert to my previous pattern this autumn and winter.

3. sleep nekkid or no? why?
no. i'm always convinced that if i were to, something would happen in the middle of the night when i have to run out of my room and face others. the one instance in which i tried this was a day this summer when i was incredibly hot in the apartment. sure enough, as i was about to fall asleep, there was a knock on my door, which i soon learned was due to the bathroom flooding incident (also known as the great indoor flood of 2003).

4. what's under your bed?
i believe there is a box that contains one of those emergency ladders with rungs that curl over a windowsill - one of the ladders you can use in case of a fire or something and you can't get down the staircase to safety.

5. if you have pets, do you let them sleep with you? why or why not?
no pets so, therefore, no issue. when i was younger and had a cat, i let ziggy curl up with me if he wanted to because i loved the feeling and sound of his purring as i drifted to sleep.
nowadays, the closest i had to a pet was during the time in which i fish-sat sparky. i did not let him sleep with me, no matter how much he pleaded with me and bat his fishy eyes. i know, i'm a cruel bitch.

i'm off to sleep - but before i do - i have heard some hilarious songs, but i think mraz and bushwalla's "jesus jesus bo beezus" is right at the top of the list - it's currently duking it out with stew's "rehab song" (" ... after my girl got out of rehab for the 22nd time, she was very very very very very very very very very very very optimistic ... "). what's problematic is that i want to sing it while i'm at work because it's in my head - not good to wander around singing "whoops motherfucker, didn't mean to cuss!" - the part that always rattles around in my brain ...

No comments: