10.01.2004

my kind of month

status check - amused
background ambiance - silencio

october's shaping up to be a glorious month. i work one more day before i can hit the highways and drive my way back to the skyline i adore and the shows i've been looking forward to for weeks. with the added bonuses of a long weekend and my first excursion to the museum of science since ... i was ten years old? indeed. i remember dancing up and down the musical staircase with classmates - i'll have to fight the temptation to re-enact it.

more likely, make sure no one else is around.

all the while, i'll be covertly conducting research for the novel that will someday/perhaps/i-damn-well-hope-will be finished.

after my boston-trapsing, i return for a week and a half of work before another trip - hitting the skyways this time. it's official, i've finally procured tickets to fly to and from dc. beth and i will be making the trip down on the 14th, returning the following sunday. it'll be my first chunk of time in dc in 14 months, a statistic that i still can't quite wrap my brain around. it doesn't feel like it's been that long, but nevertheless ... i'm very much looking forward to the excursion. i'll be returning in such a better frame of mind than when i last left.

i love looking ahead when i have such exciting things to look ahead to.

p.s. i pity anyone who actually followed the debate drinking game. that would have gotten ugly real quick. but i love the fact that someone actually found this space by googling it ... brave souls at psu. hope the hangover isn't too intense ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To say I'm excited doesn't even scratch the surface. DC is long overdue for a visit from the fairest Vermonter of them all...no offense to the rest of you kids ;-)
I realize I can't monopolize your time, but can we *please* go eat at the Cheesecake Factory once while you're here?
Also, there's a ton of great stuff going on that weekend. The Chili Cookoff is in DC that weekend and Jimmy Eat World is playing. There are other irresistable musical options, but I can't remember them all right now. I'll start forming a list and present you with all of the options before your arrival...should you be interested in attending any of them :-)
I'm so happy to have something so great to look forward to!!!