10.06.2004

i'm ready to go ...

status check - content
background ambiance - silence

rilo kiley - great note on which to end the minibreak. as to be expected, about half the set was comprised of tracks off "more adventurous," but that was fine by me - hearing some of those tracks live actually made me like them more, so that's a bonus. of the previous two albums, the only song i'd really hoped to hear live and didn't was "with arms outstretched" - not half bad to wind up with one wish unfulfilled.

i thought "a better son/daughter" would be the highlight of my night, but it turned out to be the surprise (to me) inclusion of "pictures of success," the song that made me an avid listener. i happily sang along and thought to february when jenny got to "and they say california is a recipe for a black hole, well i say i've got my best shoes on, i'm ready to go ..."

it was funny - blake had this gorgeous large guitar, almost a sea-foam green, a little country flair going on with it. i've seen a guitar that looks just like it before - although blake seemed slightly more size-appropriate (scary, considering the fact that blake's hardly a big guy). nice to see a guitar like that's actually getting some play time ...

the size of the crowd amazed me ... so many people there, singing along with every word. i can't think of anyone among my normal group of friends who regularly listens to rilo kiley, let alone shares my enthusiasm for the band. felt great to be among people who got as much out of the music (if not more at times) as i did ...

now exhausted and with tired legs (i haven't walked this much since dc - for the most part, i liked it), i drift to sleep. rest up for the trip back and work in the afternoon ...

No comments: