1.20.2004

a pineapple princess

it's not exactly the most comfortable of positions in which to type, but i'm so tickled by my newly arrived furniture that i'm forgoing comfort temporarily. as i write this, i am sprawled across my couch, enjoying the fact that neither my head nor feet are touching either of the couch's arms. it's much larger than anticipated - which, combined with the narrow doorway between my private downstairs foyer and the rest of the apartment upstairs, made for an interesting experience for my pair of laborers. my father and tom, the family friend who provided the furniture, only needed to take off both doors, curse a little and work up an appetite for lunch to get the beast up into my living room ... in actuality, the job was much easier than we all expected. i did my part, poised in the living room with two glasses of cold water waiting for them.

so i now have a couch in the living room and a loveseat in my room. both are exceptionally comfortable, i'm pleased to say, and i know i now need to invest in slipcovers, as they have the most amusing of fabric covering them, but not exactly something that screams victoria. but for the moment, i'm a pineapple princess, the largest pieces of my furniture covered with little tiny pineapples embroidered onto a beige fabric. i feel an obligation to throw a tiki party or something. anyone up for a luau? ;)

interview in a half hour - suppose i should prepare and head over to the interview site ... still waiting to hear from one of my sources. ah, good times. love the pressure of deadline.

xoxoxox - pineapple polly

No comments: