4.11.2005

Snapshot of frazzlement.

The original post has been removed by the author, on the grounds that it demonstrated either a definite need for coffee or a definite need to never consume coffee again. Either or.

Kudos to Mariano Rivera for having a sense of humor. Particularly since that humor probably won over some Boston fans who hoped he'd get pissed.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is likely to be the last time you find me praising a member of the New York Yankees. Savor the moment, any New York baseball-loving readers out there.

I prepare to embark on a Boston misadventure with no idea of what I'll be hearing from one Ms. Amos tomorrow night. But judging from the patterns in her setlist (or, one should say, lack of pattern), that she played "Winter" and "Tear in Your Hand" this evening indicates that I shouldn't expect to hear either tomorrow night. Which means my "Winter" streak is likely to continue (one of my favorites, but she played it at neither of my previous shows) and my "Tear in Your Hand" streak could come to an end (she played it at both of those previous Tori ventures).

(Beth just surprised me, coming out of her room. I read her the setlist and her face fell at the inclusion of "Winter." Or, rather, as she put it after I went through the setlist, "I'd have put with up 'Space Dog' without question if it meant hearing 'Winter.'")

But she hasn't played "Gold Dust" yet. I refuse to hope (more than this little iota) that it emerges. And I have no idea what my reaction would be were it to. Hmm. But the thing about a Tori show (in my limited experience) is that one should never have any ideas about what one could experience at a Tori show.

Matt's been pretty consistent in his setlists (which is what happens when you have only 25 minutes to win over a new audience - go with what's likely to work best), so I'm looking forward to one of my favorite lines in song ("I'll forget about you long enough to forget why I need to" in "I Saw") and singing the chorus to "Answering Machine."

And that whole wandering around Boston bit. As we all know I'm rather fond of that, as well.

No comments: