7.05.2004

look ahead list

status check - decent
background ambiance - bushwalla, "jesusbobezus"

let's be realistic here - since we all know i'm going to be giddy waiting for sunday's show, i might as well officially announce that i'll be likely making reference to it all week.

so here's today's contribution, found in my archives from two years ago.

7.1.02

found a mayer interview.

I tend to think that, after hearing Room for Squares, that just me and acoustic guitar is a little boring sometimes.

if that's boring, i'll take boring any day.

check out the interview...he talks about rufus (*sigh*), and provides the funniest, somewhat disturbing mayer quote i've ever seen or heard.

Interviewer: And Rufus is someone else you want more people to listen to?
John: Yes, but then also at the same time, I'm like…
Matt [Johnson, drummer]: Don't listen to…if you're only going to buy one record, I mean, you've gotta buy John Mayer's record, not Rufus's record.
John: If you like ejaculating into books, then I guess Rufus Wainwright is a little more [for your taste] and if you like, kind of ejaculating on yourself…
Matt: Your record.
John: Right.
Interviewer: That's going to be the big quote in like, 14 font.
John: 'I'm going to ejaculate…' 14? 72, motherfucker! (Menacing voice) 'I ejaculate into books and return them late. John Mayer.'
Interviewer: Something new to ponder.
John: That's a lyric. That's a lyric. I'm going to make that a lyric.


-------
that said, i'm also looking forward to a couple of deliveries at my flat ... i should be receiving the tides cd any day now, and i'm also looking forward to some west coast musical goodness. bushwalla. "sessions." yippee!

it's one less socal cd i need to buy. still on the list: j.turtle, tristan prettyman, aspasia aid benefit cd ... what else? comment, give me suggestions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John Mayer is officially a mad man. What the hell was he on when he gave that interview?
No matter. You just wait until you lay your ears on Mr. Wainwright. His voice was spot on the night we saw him. I hope he's just as great when you get to finally see him.
Thanks for the fun voicemail over the weekend. Becca, you're a dirty, dirty girl. Can't say I mind the mental image though. Naughty. Hahaha!
Madness. I wish I could have been there to share in it...wait that sounds bad. Oh well, you started it.
I miss you and love you lots Vickster.
Muah,
Paul

Victoria said...

that comment demonstrates one of the many reasons why you rock.

love and miss you!