12.13.2003

pieces of the puzzle

it's the little things that keep me sane during the stress of figuring out this whole situation (or, i should say, waiting to hear about how things are figured out).

an example. a co-worker stopped by my desk as i was putting the finishing touches on my column and caught up on how everything's been. the important thing to remember, i was told, was that it's not me that's at issue. it's just that things are screwy at the moment.

i chuckled and said that i was trying to keep that in mind, that it's hopefully not a question of my ability--

"no, it's definitely not. it's not you at all. you've definitely proven yourself."

hearing that from someone else (other than the voice in my head telling me to keep things positive) did a world of good. as in words can't even begin to describe.

anyway. off to christmas shop. painting will be happening tomorrow. today is all about the rest of my christmas list, perhaps some apartment beautification and a much needed trip to the gym.

i'm in training, yo.

much love.

No comments: