12.24.2003

holiday wishes, further contemplation and whatnot

happy holidays, boys and girls - i hope christmas is grand for those who celebrate it, may i wish a happy hanukah to those who celebrate that (and those who, according to my mother, may celebrate it as well), and a happy festivus to the rest of us.

this is the first year in awhile for which i truly am more looking forward to giving than receiving. each year, i enjoy the reactions people have from gifts i've selected for them, but this year i think i raised the vickie level of giving to a new level. not necessarily because i bought more or spent more or whatnot - although i will say that i did (hey, i'm making up for a year here - it's an ongoing process) - but it's really just because i made sure each gift i purchased was special in its own particular way. i'm most excited about my parents - i worry about jinxing it all, so i'll describe what i did in a post-christmas post (that was probably as weird to type as it must have been to read).

speaking of posting ... i have a policy of never deleting posts (i'm determined to keep a record of my feelings at the time in which i write - trust me, there are many an embarrassing post i wish i would delete, but never do), but i should comment on the one i made last week. it wasn't really fair of me - i was having a wretched few days and just felt like venting however i could. and this proved to be the forum for that. what it all comes down to is that i blog for myself - or, rather, i always have and was starting to lose track of that. i began writing for others - and that's not beneficial to anyone. so i'm going to keep posting (as if there was any doubt, really, about whether i could not blog, right?), but revert to posting for myself. as of the next post, that is.

so my apologies for being a bitch - it wasn't fair of me to do and i acknowledge that (see, ultimately i always wind up acknowledging when i'm wrong - sometimes it just takes awhile).

anyhoo. i'm preparing to send out more holiday wishes, as well as address info for those interested in where i'm now going to be spending my days and nights (a.k.a. the apartment). if you want to receive word, comment and let me know - i'll get it to you asap.

so merry christmas, happy holidays, enjoy some much-deserved time off. i'm sending love to you all, currently from a little spot in proctor, tomorrow from massachusetts. good times.

p.s. sign that friends know me ever so well - in my christmas gift from beth, she included not one, not two, but three new flavors of lip gloss - my gloss-addicted soul rejoices. mike & ike (two flavors) and "boys are smelly" lip jelly. rock on ...

No comments: