11.11.2003

yet another coinky-dink

i've been taking a few minutes to check my email and see if i had any column-related goodness (or more hatemail, whichever the case may be), and along the way i happened to stop by the world of mraz (big shock, i know). three bits of journal goodness to enjoy - but, as always, it meant three opportunities for me to turn shades of envious green, as even his simple journal writing demonstrates capabilities i aspire to in my normal (non-journaled, non-blogged) writing.

but nevertheless, learn from a gifted one, right? so now i sit here, waiting for some calls, dying to be able to devote some time to try applying the stream-of-consciousness style to an entry here. but i have not the time - or, i should say, i should not afford the time at the moment. other projects on which i should - and want to - focus my time and energy.

but that's not the point of why i decided to make a quick (quick in theory, rambling in execution) post ... i found it amusing to read about his exploits pouring through his latest literary conquest. "the da vinci code," by dan brown. the very book i bought about a week and a half ago and currently sits in my car, anxiously waiting the moment at which i can pick it up, run my hand over the raised surface of the book jacket and open it to lose myself in the world presented.

i've been looking to it from time to time since i bought it, wanting to have at least a few minutes to glance at page one, but the only opportunity i had was last night as i relaxed in the hotel room, watching letterman. at that point, however, i was curled up in my rented bed, unwilling to brave the elements that would be faced with the short dash to my car.

now, reading about how someone with an even crazier schedule than my own devoted god knows how many hours to reading it, i know the time has come. i think there will be at least a half hour devoted to mr. brown's little book before i drift off to sleep in my normal, hopefully-soon-to-be-considered-abnormal bed tonight.

thanks for giving me a kick in the arse to get me reading, mr. mraz. you and your agonizing brilliant way with words.

i wonder how good he is at dialogue ... hmm ... care to teach me?

No comments: