11.17.2003

...

as i drove back south tonight, the sky behind me and to my right was that gorgeous burgandy again ... i didn't hear anything about more northern lights, plus the fact that i was on 22a made it difficult to cast glances behind. instead, i navigated the turns and caught occasional glimpses through my rear view and on straightaways ... probably not my now beloved aurora borealis again, but the sky is supposed to be lit up a bit tonight with the leonids - unforunately too late at night and not bright enough to justify staying up.

but as i drove with the rosy glow behind, i fumbled through the cd cases on my passenger seat and pulled out a burned cd from months upon months ago, popped it in, put it on a certain track and sang along ...

well here i am
i'm sitting all by myself again
i stare up at the sky
which at this moment is my only friend
say well, suddenly as i gazed upon the night
well i notice the stars
they began to shake and burst
oh it looks like they want to fight, no
they were dancing
they were romancing
oh, they were falling in love
they falling in love all over
falling in love all over
falling in love, falling in love, falling in love
i say falling in love, falling in love all over
falling in love, is my best friend
falling in love all over,
all over again

No comments: