11.13.2001

in my editorial last week, i wrote about the salary of uncle marc--vanderheyden, that is (college president). i was wondering what he'd think of it--if anything, i say he's underpaid, comparing the salaries of presidents from colleges immediately above and below us in us news & world report--but i didn't know what he'd think of me waving around his salary for all to see.

yesterday, i had a voicemail from him saying he wanted to talk to me--he'd try calling back or writing me, he didn't want to leave a message. i thought he was going to bitch at me and say i'm irresponsible or something to try to make me feel bad.

instead, i get an amusing email from him this morning thanking me for the editorial and picking on himself--the boy was actually trying to have a sense of humor! i was impressed.

fun way to start off one's day.

No comments: