8.13.2001

scotty-isms are addictive. they make no sense, they're completely random, yet i eat them up and i can tell that i'll start using them at work, therefore corrupting the minds of the teenagers who work there even more (if you don't believe me, let me tell you that everyone now says "not so much"--thus making me miss joey and bethy and bongo so much!--and that they often answer to their name with "yo." hehehehe. taking over the world, one person at a time.)

i went grocery shopping tonight (which later resulted in a fun incident involving me, rice, and burning--use your imagination), and while walking the aisles with my mother, all of a sudden i hear, "VICKIECICLE!!" i haven't heard that nickname since high school, so needless to say, i was confused. i turn, and a girl i graduated high school with (who was notorious for falling off of the stools my senior year in physics class--numerous times) and now works there is waving wildly at me.

keep in mind that i've been in there numerous, numerous times since high school, and i generally get a "hello," or perhaps a nod. we weren't overly close in high school--so whatever.

i have no idea what brought it about. but it was interesting.

hell, she'll run up and give me a huge hug at our ten-year reunion at this rate.

in other music news, glen's last entry on his tour diary leaves me feeling somewhat sad, but also (wretched as it might be to say this) somewhat relieved. while i knew he was sick (after the burlington show, he didn't even perform for a few dates), i kept feeling as if he wasn't the least bit amused with us. i felt awful about it, and while i don't feel quite as bad now, i still wish he was happier...during the few moments in which he was joking around with us and john, he was an awesome guy, and he's an amazing performer. i don't know...just randomness from me.

as the wise scott himself said...
no problem, just rush hour.

No comments: