8.01.2001

alright, so the spamming on my email accounts has reached a ridiculous point. the ultimate, however, was receiving an email from miss cleo. LMAO. "VICKIE, call me now." WHY ME?!?!?!??!

i'm going to also try going through the "proper" channels, but i think one of my brother's friends is helping me score a big interview for once i get back to school. but i'm not going to jinx it by saying any more.

i've been watching the mtv: live and almost legal coverage today, taking a stroll down musical memory lane. good lord. paula abdul's "straight up" brought me back to fourth grade when karen ammersol came to my elementary school to teach all of the individual classes specific dances. my class, mrs. rusin's, earned the dubious distinction of having to dance to "tequila" dressed up as nerds and doing the peewee herman dance, while mrs. kent's fourth grade class got to dance to "straight up". i remember seething with jealousy, wishing i could wear the day-glo, bicycle shorts, and push-up socks they all got to wear instead of a wool vest and a bandaid on my glasses.

No comments: