9.05.2006

I know I'll make the slightest of efforts - no more going out of my way - to see how it works out. Once. If it's convenient to me. - 11.30.2005

It has become convenient.

Averi is slated to perform at Nectar's on the 28th - which is, I believe, the night of the day after the Boston Music Awards (have I mentioned that congratulations are in order, by the way? Kudos to a bunch of folks whose music I enjoy, but particular congratulations to Ryan Montbleau, Matt Nathanson and the thrice-nominated Chad). I will be back from my travels come the end of the month, and will take in that which is the shell of the band I followed for a few years.

It is going to be...well, it is going to be something, I'm sure. The cackle with which I responded to the news hints that perhaps I'll wind up getting my snark on.

In other, less eyebrow-raising news, it seemed as if everyone was just trying to reach the finish line last night. The last of four late nights at Nectar's, the Montbleau Monday series came to a close with strong, albeit seemingly sleep-deprived performances. There were bleary eyes on stage, yawns from spots in the audience.

It's not that people were bored, but even dancing was difficult last night. When you have to work the next day, shows that kick off at 11 just aren't particularly condusive...even just an hour would make a huge difference. 10 is managable. 11 has you trying to keep your eyes open, even when you're leaving at the set break.

That said, it was glorious to be able to fit such an incredible band into the schedule on a weekly basis - particuarly knowing that the guys are slated to be back in Vermont in about a month (thank you, Higher Ground...). Made it easier to say "screw this, I have to go home" at 12:30...

P.S. Guys? You know that line? The "Excuse me, I just got this new cell phone, could I get your number to put in it" bit? The one we laugh about because it's supposed to be a joke line?

Do not attempt to actually use it. At least not on me. Because I will look you in the eye, hope to God you're joking about it and then reply.

"No."

Then I'll walk away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*snicker*