9.17.2006

Two Down

I'm sitting here in the media area at Zilker Park, sipping an iced coffee (inexplicably served in a hot cup, complete with lid), listening to everyone set up for the last day of festivities. You can tell things are getting ready to kick off when the soundguys at the AT&T stage start piping the "Star Wars" theme through the speakers. People are entering the gates! Festivities are set to begin! Woot!

Earlier, I was writing up my Day Two roundup for Project DU, listening to a soundcheck for Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. As they played the instrumentation for "Last Dance With Mary Jane," I was fighting the urge to run outside, storm the stage and rock the vocals.

That would have been bad. Or glorious. Not sure which.

Austin's crazy -- or, really, ACL is crazy. My glimpses of Austin proper have been somewhat limited -- I'm here at Zilker Park for 12 hours each day, after all -- but last night, Michelle and I headed down 4th Street to check out what was going on. Went to The Ginger Man, a bar with endless beers on tap -- GLORIOUS SIGHT -- and then stopped by (I kid you not) Doggy Style Hot Dogs on the way back.

How could you not? Exactly.

I haven't taken in a set I haven't liked as of yet. Today's going to be a particularly good day. After TP&tH finish up the night, the task is to get out of here, sleep and then head to the airport in the morning. I'm back in Boston tomorrow afternoon.

Yep.

No comments: