9.20.2006

I love me some ice cream

On Saturday afternoon, we were working to get the Ben Kweller photos up on the Project DU flickr site* when S looked behind me and smiled.

"I want an Ice Cream Man sticker."

Uh...okay...I turned around to look. Didn't see anything particularly ice cream-y, but did do a doubletake at a man in a peach-colored buttondown shirt.

Jeff Buckley, back from the dead, milling around the media tent? What the hell? I remarked on the sight.

"Who?"

"Buttondown shirt, crazy hair."

"That's Ice Cream Man."

Shortly thereafter, she went to get a sticker. I asked her to get me one as well; when she inquired and pointed at me, he smiled and requested a photograph of us.

She asked for one on her camera as well. Having absolutely no idea of who this man was, I happily smiled, took my sticker, was surprised with a popcicle and smiled for the camera.

Whatever, man, it's all good. I'm sitting here in 90 degree weather and you're giving me a popcicle. I'm liking Ice Cream Man.

The photo upload process was aided by the cool refreshment of frozen ice shaped into faces, complete with gumball eyes.

I liked Ice Cream Man.

The next day comes, and I'm in the photo pit for The Flaming Lips. I'd arrived early so as to get a good spot, but I'm melting in the heat. A photographer approaches with one large brown box in each hand. I'm thinking that perhaps earplugs are involved, so I smile and head over.

"Compliments of Ice Cream Man." Boxes of frozen fruit bars. Pineapple for me.

As I munch of the bar and taste the sweetness of the frozen fruit shortly before Wayne takes the stage and assumes his position within the bubble, it's clear.

I love Ice Cream Man. You should love him too. Click on the link to find out what he's all about.

========
All of the ACL photos are up and available for viewing on the flickr, as are the baseball games in Boston and Baltimore. Check 'em out, let me know what you think.

*Rolling Stone's Rock Blog touched upon the Kweller incident, describing what went down. The link for more of the story was my post on DU - the link provided to check out more images sends readers right over to my shots on the DU flickr. I found this to be pretty cool.

2 comments:

Chris said...

wow that is really cool that they linked you!

ps it was great meeting you this weekend, hope we can hang out again.

Victoria said...

Absolutely, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that we can! Can't wait to see the ACL episodes you attended...