9.21.2006

The best of both countries

I was running late, as had been expected. I called my flatmate to assure her that I'd be home soon, that we'd be able to revel in that which was the first episode of "Grey's Anatomy," season three.

"Did you know that they broadcast it at 8 on Canadian?" she asked.

See, where I live, about an hour from the Canadian border, we get Canadian. I can say with authority that the CTV (you figure out the acronym) does a better job of covering the Olympics than we do here in the US of A. Most of the network shows are broadcast up there, occasionally at different times.

Miss something in America? Give Canadia a try.

So, as it were, Grey's is broadcast an hour earlier north of the border. Duly noted, Beth decided to TiVo both, primarily so she could say she was getting a Grey's fix from two countries.

It made sense to her. And to me, when she told me.

I got home around 9:30 and happily settled in front of the television to swoon over George O'Malley and figure out who Meredith would choose -- McDreamy or McVet. We take in the episode, laughing at the appropriate spots, sighing where applicable (and in my case, even when not). It feels good to have Seattle Grace back.

Episode ends. Beth flips over to Canadian.

And we start dancing up and down. I call my mother, giddy, jumping up and down.

"GUESS WHAT I'M ABOUT TO WATCH."

"What?"

"NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE OF GREY'S!!!!!"

"You're joking."

"I LOVE CANADIAN!"

I'm assuming it was a glitch, as the previews at the end of the episode featured the episode we'd just watched.

You know. Next week's.

And I can say that it was so incredibly crazy when --

Nah. Nevermind. Just know this: I have it on TiVo.

2 comments:

Joeybonbon said...

Sometimes it is just like you are trying to make me jealous of you!

Victoria said...

With all of the luxuries that your location provides, I feel perfectly comfortable celebrating one benefit of near Canadain residency, thank you very much.