3.22.2006

We interrupt our regular posting for a very important announcement:

- Radiohead. US Summer Tour. I'm determined to finally see them live and am dorkily giddy about the prospect. Dates aren't up yet, so I'm going to have to keep on the lookout...

We now return to our regularly-scheduled Revelry:

Beth mentioned an instance from our senior year of college last night, and as we tried to remember the precise details of that evening, I realized I'd written about it at the time.

The details? Well, it involved a statue within our college's chapel. Keep in mind that we attended Catholic college. We were part of the Catholic tradition, albeit a very liberal interpretation, during years when students are stereotpyically cynical, smart-assed and questioning life and all that comes with it.

This means that students at my college wound up falling into one of three groups: 1) those who creatively (ableit good-naturedly) blasphemed, 2) those who came out of the closet (some not surprising, some an absolutel shock) OR 3) those who graduated more Catholic than when they came onto campus.

We were of that first group.

After finding the particular entry and bursting into laughter on multiple occasions (ah, the glory of having all the details right there), we found ourselves taking a trip down memory lane, laughing at what I'd written at the time. Random stuff we'd all but forgotten, but that rushed back with aid of my younger self.

3.22.2002

in odd coincidences that really make no sense...

driving back from my trip to the printer this morning, i drove past the 300s field and noticed a couple of birds that were startled off the road by my oncoming car. for some reason, i thought about when fabio was hit by a bird while riding a rollercoaster. i have no idea how the thought popped in my head, but there it was.

tonight, i was searching [entertainment news] and found a "celebrity birthday, did you know..." type of thing. and the three-year anniversary of fabio being hit in the face by the bird on the rollercoaster is this weekend.

????????

my thoughts exactly.


References to John Mayer and Howie Day before they were big and during their rises. The ever-necessary-in-college drunk posts, full of bad spelling and references to things I can't for the life of me remember now (and, of course, concluded with "I'm going to delete this in the morning," which means I most certainly wouldn't do any deleting). Crushes and romances, somewhat regular quirky updates and quotes from housemates that made us think of how different things are in retrospect.

V: "Wait. I actually went to the GYM during senior year? When did that happen? That must have been a one-time affair."
Beth: "Two-time affair! Let it be noted! On January 15, 2002, you and I worked out and kicked our asses!"

Beth: (reading out loud) I'm glad I wore the red sneakers. Smiley face. Valentine's Day didn't turn out so badly afterall.
V: HA! That's because I got a drunk dial. From Rhode Island. LAME!
B: HAHAHAHAHA
V: Sad thing? That's still the best Valentine's I've had. Hehehehehe.

Amazing to read that I celebrated my one-year blogging anniversary. That I couldn't picture life beyond college. That I felt old at 21.

Makes me wonder what I'm going to think of what I'm writing now, four years from now...

No comments: