3.17.2006

Walking through an office building hallway this morning, Beth and I were still singing the chorus to "Since U Been Gone," as it had been playing in the house as we prepared for our days.

Note to self: when rounding a corner, realize one could be approaching in the opposite direction and take in the vocal performance. I got a big smile and, I have a feeling, some chuckles after I passed. Awesome. I didn't care. It was a fun start to the day.

Speaking of days...Happy St. Patrick's! One of my favorite holidays, thanks to the Irish in my blood and a love of the color green.

It was strange, walking up the street this morning and seeing a void of people...my senior year of college's St. Patrick's was ridiculous. Lines down the block by watering holes, full of my classmates (and I - hello, RiRa's) well before doors opened at 9...

...not at all related, the college decided to rearrange schedules the year after I graduated, so spring break just happened to coincide with St. Patrick's. Hmm. Wonder why. Pity.

In honor of the occasion, I'll redirect you to a song a chum wrote a couple of years ago to mark the day. The little ditty is known as "Green Kegs and Spam."

Here's to hoping that you and yours have a wonderful holiday. Be safe and have fun!

No comments: