3.14.2006

I think the hints of spring are starting to get to me.

Despite knowing that the temperature is taking a nosedive as I write this, despite being completely aware of the fact that winter has at least one, probably more like two, punches waiting to deliver onto my face or into my stomach (because winter certainly likes a sucker punch), I'm feeling giddy. Grand. Groovy.

Just great.

I'm trying to leave things behind me, to blossom anew in time with the trees and the flowers. I know this metamorphosis is only a few weeks away, and I'm counting down the days - nay, I'll actually go with the minutes - until I get the chance to do so.

In the meantime? I'm just feeling great.

I realized yesterday that April is going to flash by with lightning tempo, as I took a look at the schedule and tentative calendar of approaching events and noted just how packed things are going to be. This city-town in which I live continues to surprise me with the lineup of people gracing local stages - April is boasting Charlotte Martin, Bushwalla, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, Stephen Kellogg & the Sixers with Pat McGee Band, and Matt Nathanson (we'll ignore that whole "opening for Lifehouse" bit).

I'm a month and a day away from my first Red Sox game of the season. Augustana's playing in Montreal, and I think I want to make the trip for the show. I'll be continuing the running I've become a big fan of (and resumed this week, as the lingering effects of The Winter Cold v2.0 have finally rid themselves from me), and I'll be able to resume treadmill time with a NESN Red Sox soundtrack. I'll feel more compelled to wander around places when it's warmer.

It's all so close I can nearly taste it. And it tastes like iced caramel lattes and Great Harvest's hot cross buns.

So tantalizingly close...

OK. So. Rock for a Remedy. You've read about it before, and perhaps you've seen RFAR volunteers' smiling faces at food drives pimped out by the artists the organizations knows and loves so dearly. You know that I helped out with a few of the drives last year, during the short Guster run, and you might know that I got a little hooked on the amazing rush that comes with seeing how much people can do when everyone helps out, even just a little.

As Guster preps for the Campus Consciousness Tour, RFAR is also preparing - as the organization is going to be rocking food drives at most of the tour dates.

KJ, RFAR extraordinaire and good friend to yours truly, is seeking the assistance of some dedicated, energetic, committed volunteers willing to step up to the plate and help out with drives. I can tell you that it's fun and more than just a little rewarding to participate in these events - and Guster is a great band with which to get that first taste of grand concert karma.

Not to mention that Guster fans totally rocked the drives during the fall shows. Generous and so damn impressive.

That said. Interested in helping out? Volunteers are needed for the following dates:
4/13 Thursday @ St Lawrence in Canton, NY
4/30 Sunday @ Trinity in Hartford, CT
5/2 Tuesday @ Holy Cross in Worcester, MA
5/4 Thursday @ Fitchburg State in Fitchburg, MA

If you're game, contact KJ at iwill@rockforaremedy.org. Tell her I sent you. And then be ready for some feel-good rock vibes.

You won't be sorry!

No comments: