3.15.2006

A Request:

I'm looking for new music. After the success that was a friend's recommendation to check out Augustana (hello, I'm hooked. If you haven't taken a listen, check out "All the Stars and Boulevards." I am particularly - and predictably, I suppose - infatuated with "Boston."), I realized it was time to again load up the iPod with a playlist of "New People To Listen To."

(Yes, I've had such a playlist in the past. The results were appropriately mixed between big hits and big misses.)

As I'll be traveling to the land of my favorite music store (Newbury Comics) this weekend, I'll have the opportunity to pick up some new things.

So what should those things be? I'm thinking both in the box - the tastes I've documented ad nauseum here - and outside...I think some new styles would be much appreciated.

In related news, a couple of shows to bring to people's attention for this weekend, while I'm off taking in Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins (tickets are still available, last I heard - Somerville Theatre, Friday night):

- Burlington: Ben Lee, Friday night, Higher Ground.
- Boston: Tides, Saturday night, Bill's Bar, Lansdowne Street.

No comments: