3.21.2006

To be filed under either "Perfect Timing," "Wanderlust" or "...and then Everyone Else":

Ryan Montbleau Band will be back at Higher Ground on May 12. Which means a looong Friday night of music and dancing in Vermont.

This just impresses me infinitely. Of course I think the Burlington music scene is important, but it's outstanding to see that Ryan and the guys make such an effort to get to the area on a regular basis. It seems impossible, these days, for three months to go by without a show here. Which means I always manage to get a fix if Boston dates don't line up with my schedule; I always get to experience a different scene, different crowds, at Vermont shows even if I have or will get to a Boston gig.

Take a look at the band's schedule. Crazy. Apparently Ryan and company are incapable of staying in one place for too long (I know the feeling).

The timing works out brilliantly, I also must say. May 12 marks the night before I head down to Massachusetts to feel old and celebrate my brother's college graduation (Emerson dons the academic garb the following Monday). And the show happens to fall on the four-year anniversary of my own graduation.

That's the other part of the feeling old bit. But I'll be too busy dancing to think about it...

No comments: