3.25.2006

It was a marvel to behold.

A smile that remained on her face, even when her lips had lost their upward turn. It all started with the eyes, the visible glow that radiated out from her face, her frame as she leaned against the back of the bench on which we were sitting. Irrepressible, even if she'd wanted to downplay her happiness.

Which, we both knew, she didn't.

This isn't the typical "It's great to see you and how happy you are" kind of moment, this was bearing witness to the kind of joy and beauty that leaves those fortunate enough to see it absolutely dazzled by the transformation.

It's almost as if the happiness had reached her formerly jet black hair and lit it up, set it into an auburn blaze.

"I'm so happy for you" did nothing to properly describe what I wanted to say, but she knew what I meant.

"It's about damn time, girl!" or, even, "Thank you for being happy, because it makes me realize that I am going to have that for myself, and I really needed a hopeful reminder."

No comments: