1.27.2006

We interrupt your Friday afternoon for an announcement of extraordinary importance:

I'm going to see Jenny Lewwwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiisssss, Jenny Lllllleeeeewwwwwwwiiiiiissssss, the indie priiiiiiiiincesssssss, Jenny Lllllleeeewwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiisssssssss.

Longtime readers know of my longtime appreciation for Ms. Lewis and her little band that done blew up and got big, Rilo Kiley. And astute readers who took note of my emphatic recommendations (or, actually, anyone who reads magazines or music websites) will probably know that Lewis released a solo album this week with the Watson Twins, titled "Rabbit Fur Coat."

Admittedly, I've been somewhat lax and have yet to pick up the album, but am planning on doing so soon.

And, thanks to Massachusetts operatives (who shall remain nameless despite the fact that any astute reader would know precisely to whom I refer), I have a ticket with my name on it (figuratively speaking) for the March 17 show at The Somerville Theatre.

Which, the most astute of astute readers might realize, is the location at which I attended my first Rilo Kiley performance.

This, really, is worthy of a "Yay" and perhaps a quick clap of the hands. But since I've done a somewhat lousy job of updating this space over the last couple of weeks, I decided to provide a little more content.

Besides, Jenny's great. She's worth a little extra space.

No comments: