1.20.2006

Burlington: The New Boston? You be the judge.

Matt Nathanson, Melissa Ferrick, Syd, Tristan Prettyman, Ben Taylor Band and, the most delightful of all proverbial icings on the cake, Ryan Montbleau Band. All before this point next month. Most within a short walking distance of my home.

It's not that I haven't wanted to get down to Massachusetts; it's just that there's so damn much going on up here that I can't help but stick around and revel in it.

I feel good. Grand, even. There are good shows and good friends with which to partake in the musical goodness. A number of local fitness centers are offering free use of their facilities for a week, starting today, so I'll be able to cue up the iPod in a different environment to get my regular endorphin rush (a change of scenery from that usually provided by the trusty treadmill will be nice). While I know winter will come back with a vengeance, it's warm and relaxing outside. There are things to do, people to see and plans to put into motion.

Cue up some James Brown, friends. 'Cause that's how good I feel.

***
The excitement is flooding into my friends' and my inboxes. We're all pretty giddy.

"it's MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTYYYYYYYY DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!"

After the brief concert haitus that began after The Mister Vertigo/Tides/Chad show in Boston last month, I'm ready to rejoin the audiences and file into venues.

And what a way to start. Nathanson. My favorite of the singer-songwriters to see live.

(A bold statement, I know, but I believe it to be quite accurrate, when I consider the available pool of songsters.)

I've been listening to live Matt all morning, singing along to the songs and wondering what the hell he's going to pull upon taking the stage tonight.

And I've been counting down the hours.

No comments: