1.29.2006

Let's do the math, shall we?

3: Number of Red Sox Fenway Park games (at this moment) I will be attending this season, barring the opportunity to purchase Green Monster/Yankees tickets.
10: About how many hours my computer was logged into the Red Sox Virtual Waiting Room.
30: Number of seconds that passes before the Red Sox Virtual Waiting Room refreshes.
1200: Number of times, using the previous two numbers, my spot in the Red Sox Virtual Waiting Room refreshed.
36,298: Number of people who can fit into Fenway Park (circa 2004).

And the kicker:
0: Number of ticket purchase opportunities provided to me for any of the Baltimore Orioles games at Fenway.

So, looking at the math, some loved ones and I decided to throw an X factor in. We created our own math, if you will.

1: Number of games at Baltimore's Camden Yards I will attend this season.
3: Number of days spent on late summer/early autumn baseball-prompted trip to Baltimore/D.C.

If Boston won't let me join the party when Millar rolls back into town, I'm going to be part of the Baltimore party when the Red Sox roll into town.

I'll update this with more explanation after my brunch and mimosas...

No comments: